In times like these strong communities are more important than ever.
Being connected with friends, family and community is an important part of life and also an important part of being well.
With the need to protect people and concerns about public spaces we want to provide some information on the actions Creating Communities is taking to keep people well and connected.
Creating Communities has this week initiated a Stronger Together COVID-19 Program to strengthen communities throughout the COVID-19 response. This program will include a new digital conferencing platform for our projects. These Digital Social Networks will connect stakeholders to continue the important business of engagement and community development.
Creating Communities is also replacing our program of larger gatherings with programs of smaller gatherings in well-ventilated places. These events are being overseen by our external risk management specialist Amlec House.
The Stronger Together Creating Communities COVID-19 response will include:
- Updating risk management plans based upon advice from our risk management advisor Amlec House
- Providing project branded Digital Social Networking via community conferencing
- Monitoring and responding to local government advice regarding locally appropriate best practice engagement and risk mitigation
- Continuing to deliver face to face meetings, with the capacity to revert to digital platforms
- Replacing larger gatherings with programs of smaller gatherings
- Ensuring meeting spaces are well sanitised and providing sanitisation facilities and education at all events
- Providing regular communications to communities on keeping well at home and in the community.
We look forward to working with you to strengthen our communities throughout this health crisis. Together we can support people in coming together in new and old ways. Through new digital conversations, through local acts of kindness and through decisive actions that provide reassurance and confidence. In doing this we will all be doing our bit to support the physical, social and economic health of our communities as well as ensuring that your organisation is seen to be providing important support in times of need.
Be well and strong.